- Hackney Empire Studio, London, UK, Jun 2007
- Soho Theatre, Soho Theatre, UK, Oct–Nov 2007
Magic War invited audiences into the session of a secret society. You were invited to the bizarre ritual, but could they trust their own eyes? All is clearly not as it seems. The creation of Marisa Carnesky, this was a strange and fantastical world of nightmarish tricks, where the burlesquing of violent battles initiate you into a dark and deceptive new world order.
Would you dare put your hand in a guillotine? Could you watch your lover get chopped in half? Bringing to life a golden age of magic within today’s culture of violence. With thrilling visual illusions and dark humour, Magic War questioned our survival strategies and beliefs.
- Development and direction – Lois Weaver and Flick Ferdinando
- Costume design and props –Sarah Munro and Mark Copeland of the Insect Circus
- Lighting design – Sue Baynton
- Arts Council England
- Hackney Empire
- Soho Theatre
- Warwick Arts Centre